Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Welcome Mr. John

I first met Mr. John Thomas during a refresher course in 1995 organized by the Communication department, Bangalore University. At that time Mr. John was with the Deccan Herald newspaper as the Chief of Bureau. With this contact we had an opportunity to make annual press visits. Later due to his vast network of contacts, we also were able to get prominent people to speak to our students. Today, he has joined as a colleague. With his vast experience the students can only stand to gain. Mr. John has a way with words. His ability to link things, use everyday analogies and humour should go down well with our students. How I wish he was my teacher. But I sincerely hope that everyone shares this enthusiasm and benefits from Professor Emeritus. I also pray that our students match up to his expectations- his perception about Christites.

No comments: